Sunday, May 12, 2013

Not What it Seemed at First

Just remember this the next time you talk to your doctor.  If the evidence doesn't quite support the theory, throw out the evidence.

Initially my vision problem seemed to be a diabetes problem, although my HbA1C was 6.1 and had been in the sixes for a while.

So maybe it's an age problem.

Then I explained where the prism in my computer glasses worked and where it didn't work, and I moved my gaze to the left.   If this had been diabetic neuropathy I should not have been able to do that.

My ophthalmologist was alert enough to recognize that he wasn't dealing with a normal diabetic or age related neuropathy.

And I am on my way to see a neurological ophthalmologist which I expect to be great fun.

If I had diabetic neuropathy I could expect this to disappear in about three months.  Now I don't know what to expect.

  

No comments: