Sunday, November 21, 2010

Taking Stock of My Status A Year Later

It has been about a year since the biopsy and there is quite a difference between then and now.

It is nice not to have cancer anymore although since it might come back the thrill from that prospect does not have the pleasure that it probably should have. 

And my neck doesn't feel normal.  It cracks a lot when I move it and I can sometimes sense that some of the muscles feel that they've been pulled. 

I wonder how my C2 vertebra is doing.  Did the part chewed out by the tumor ever fill back in with anything?

Occasionally I take a pain pill for headache and neck strain.  

Otherwise I'm more or less in good shape.  I have to diet or something to deal with the weight gain I experienced during chemotherapy.   My blood sugars run high but not enough to worry about.

I am walking about once or twice a week.

My thyroid medication is finally at a comfortable dose.

I still have episodes of tiredness and I do not know how much my immune system has recovered.  It was just below the minimum values for normal in early October, but considering that I took my last dose of Revlimid August 3rd I was hoping to have it back by now.

I feel that I am on a plateau slightly below normal standards.  Still occasionally tired, and my immune system not quite back yet.

But my dose of Levoxl is good!

No comments: