Friday, December 18, 2009

I have this horrible headache

For those of you who just tuned in, it all started with a headache which I ignored.  I emailed my doctor about it and tried the usual OTC remedies.  The pain didn't go away and got worse, my doctor prescribed skelaxin that relaxed the muscles and I felt better; and one night I had the most hideous neck spasms and pain in the neck and head that I can describe - I called my doctor and he prescribed a more heavy duty muscle relaxant.  

Finally, I got a lump on my neck and when I noticed a harder lump my doctor sent me to an ENT and she ordered a CT scan and there was a mass.  Eating into my C2 vertebra.

She did a biopsy (which was not a pleasant experience) and it was discovered to be lymphoma.  I called it my secret lymphoma because it had been hiding out for probably six months. 

No comments: