Saturday, May 4, 2013

Colors of the Rainbow

Just to let you know, nothing to discuss about the MRI. All clear.



I visited my ophthalmologist on Monday, and I will be visiting him again on Monday.  Nothing is quite so disconcerting as seeing two technicians who look identical asking you questions, so I walked up to the receptionist with my patch over my right eyeball and signed in.

I had wondered how Diplopia Mania was dealt with as a practical manner, aside from my simple technique of closing one eye or wearing a black eye patch.  They both have drawbacks.  If I try to keep my eye closed, my eyelid gets tired. 

The patch can make a sore spot just over my eye.

My eye likes to see light. Strange. And if I put the patch over one eye, and then take it off, I have two images in my head, one rather dim and one very bright. 

Monday on my next visit I find out the details and it appears that my difficulty (double vision) will be resolved via the use of a Fresnel Prism.   My ophthalmologist said that my problem is from diabetes and my eyesight should return to normal in about three months.  The prism will be a temporary fix to move the image from one eye over so it matches the image from the other eye.

I don't really know how they're going to get that to match up perfectly.  And prisms break down light into its constituent colors, so I will be able to see things clearly but with a psychedelic halo of some sort.

To think people used to take drugs to see colors.  I will for free, and I can take it with me legally.

No comments: