Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Doctor here a Doctor there, Doctor Doctor everywhere?

Monday I began my day with a fasting blood draw.  Tuesday I saw my oncologist at the cancer hospital and had another blood draw.

Both blood draws were from my left arm.  It's Saturday, and I still have a bruise, but mostly from the blood draw at the cancer hospital. 

My regular doctor's phlebotomist didn't leave a mark.

Next Monday afternoon I see my regular doctor and he'll explain how my blood work looks.

Just because my oncologist liked what he saw in my blood, doesn't mean my other doctor will.

My regular doctor is looking at my diabetes and cholesterol; but mostly the diabetes.  When my diabetes gets better, the lipids tag along.

I control the diabetes by eating fewer carbohydrates.  Breads are my favorite. Pasta.  The things I love.

If I can somehow reduce those kinds of food, and not eat too much of the proteins and fats, then my blood sugars come down.

I haven't had the appetite recently that I used to have, which might help. 


I think the oxygen has been helping too.

On a more cheerful note, I've been adjusting my medications again.  In a vain attempt to take the pain away, I had been having half of one 4 mg tablet of Tizanidine; I even went to the trouble of purchasing a pill slicer.  I noticed last Wednesday when I was in the staff meeting with my boss, and afterwards in a private session that I was turning into a zombie.

So I decided to add 25mg a day to my 50 mg of Zonisamide and drop the Tizanidine altogether.  Which I started last Wednesday evening.

The neck and head pain isn't quite so bad, and I don't feel quite so much like a mindless drone.

Work seems OK, but we will have to see what side effects crop up.

Last time I was at a higher dosage I had shortness of breath at odd times of the day, usually in the evening.

But I'm on O2 now and that helped so much with breathing during the day.

PS This is my third year of REMISSION!

No comments: