Saturday, February 9, 2013

O2 for You

I (we) took delivery last night of an oxygen concentrator.  Signed all the papers, hooked it up and went to town.

I decided against accepting the BIG GREEN TANK of oxygen which would have been for emergency use.   We didn't have a place to put it and the young lad who explained how it was to be used told me that it had 50 feet of line to connect it to me in the event the power went out on the concentrator. I had visions of one of the cat's chewing on the soft plastic hose that would run from my nostrils to the tank. 

It had a regulator and looked like a fire hazard.  If the place caught fire it could explode.

I explained that I don't have a severe problem, so there are no "emergencies".  I wondered why the doctor had prescribed that.

The concentrator itself is a floor model and about the size of a roll-about carry on bag; but about 4 times as heavy.   Lead weights in the bottom.

I only need a liter an hour, so it's not much but considering that my O2 level dropped to 83% with O2 during the sleep study, I can see where I need it.

I got a very good night's sleep and did not wake up with a headache this morning.

I've only been taking my usual aspirin today and I had no pain.  NO PAIN!

Actually, I'd say this O2 stuff is a definite plus.    

It occurred to me that I was left out of the loop as far as  what was going to show up at my door.  I didn't know a thing about it until it was there.

No comments: