Friday, June 24, 2011

Waiting for Semi Retirement

Next Thursday is my last day at work as a regular employee and I will be there physically about 4 hours.   I expect a going-away lunch which I am looking forward to.   I hope I don’t become too tired until I get home and can crash.

Then Friday, one week from today will be my first day as a half time contractor which should leave time for writing and afternoon naps.

I have more than a book or two that I would like either to read or re-read.  I have a history of WW I written from the perspective of the Central Powers by an author with access to archives that were available only because of the fall of the Iron Curtin.  I have a number of other books, some of which I haven’t read yet that I am looking forward to.

Working only half a day.  What an idea!

No comments: