Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Oncologist Says I look GOOD!

Well, must be better than last time.

Although I did feel exhausted from the two hour journey to the hospital and back.  I managed to work a bit but I was tired that afternoon and the next day.

I may look good, but I have not recovered.

When I saw my oncologist last (February 28th) my white cell count was 3.9 which was an improvement over the previous 3.7.   This time it was 4.3. 

Normal is 4.5-11.0.

I must be getting better.  Well, sure.  The last time my white cell count was close to this I was about to start Revlimid and it was 4.0.  Now almost a year off the drug and I am beginning to approach the normal range.

But I could be described as a success because the lymphoma did not come back.

Well, lucky me.

It is almost the end of June and it is beginning to dawn on my that I will be retiring as of July 1st.  I do not know if there will be any contracting on a part time basis after.

Not that it matters.  Except that I could be fantasizing about retirement with more gusto if I knew for sure.

No comments: