Friday, January 1, 2010

The day after the day before subdued by the drugs

I think I fell asleep sometime after 4:42 this morning.  I walked into the kitchen and noticed that Mary was feeding the cats and looked at the clock.

Evil prednisone.  I woke up a little after 8:00 and heard the shower upstairs.  Eventually we went out and got the drugs.  I don't remember all of what they were but two were anti nausea (one for drowsy, one for non-drowsy) and these are wonderful.

One of the drugs is normally used for gout but in my case, the little tumors may die and spill their guts out into the blood stream and add large quantities of things usually kept in low quantity.  


I've actually been sleeping in the big stuffed leather chair because I have a hard time breathing though my nose when I lie down due to swelling in and about my sinuses since the biopsy.  But if I fall asleep in the chair it doesn't bother me.

This problem is improving a bit.

I've been nauseated off and on and have woven my diet in such a way that it seems to alleviate it.  Mostly bland stuff - cottage cheese is good.  I made a mistake when I had the hummus with garlic.

My neck is definitely feeling better. I took one Tylenol today and that was enough until now. The usual strained muscles are just fine.

The prednisone is a bit of a problem and I have been taking a bit more of the metformin but that doesn't get them (blood sugars) quite down to normal.

I have 4 more days of prednisone, but since I take it in the morning I should be able to sleep. Well, sure maybe.

I look forward to sleep.

No comments: