Saturday, June 15, 2013

Drugs of My Desire

Muscle relaxants for the relaxed:  I have some new drugs for my head/neck pain one of which is Chlorzoxasone which is less of a sedative than the Tizanidine that is already prescribed.  I can take it during the day and it won't make me fall asleep at my computer.

Also I have a half dose (2mg) of Tizanidine which is helpful because it's better to be less sedated.  I'm sure I breathe better (more) when I sleep if I'm not so horribly drugged.

Both of these drugs are muscle relaxants, but the Tizanidine is much more potent.  Knocks me out at the right dose.

The 50 mg of Zonisamide that I take each day keeps most of the head/neck pain away, but I still need something to deal with what's left over.

I still have chronic pain.  It's the leftover from lymphoma and it's aftermath.  I will probably never get over it.

But I do have drugs, and they help a whole lot.

No comments: