Saturday, February 19, 2011

It will be a long wait...

One day soon, probably at the end of this month, I will provide the results of my next CT scan, and possibly an overly dramatic description of port removal.   I am betting that my lymphoma doesn't come back and I trundle on my merry way; laughing and cracking jokes.

The physical therapy was over last Friday and I don't have to go back until or if I have a problem.  My neck is still something of a pain but it's not as much as it once was.  I use a heating pad a lot and do some exercises that my physical therapist gave me and one or two Yoga poses.

I have stayed off the skelaxin for the better part of a week; and I believe sleep better because of it.

The only thing that actually causes a problem is work under certain circumstances such when my stress level goes up (hot project syndrome) or I type and look at one area of the computer for long periods of time.  Stress can give me very bad headaches and 'terminal-focus' as I like to call it requires me to hold my head in one place and hold my shoulders up to reach my laptop.

Fortunately I'm an old guy so I will probably choose to retire sooner than I would have otherwise.  But I like to spend all my time on a computer anyway since I like to write. 

So I seem to be well on my way to normalcy; if not already there.  

No comments: