Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thinking about that little sore spot where my Port used to be.

It is the second day of my port being gone and I am simply emotionally devastated.  There's only a sore spot left where it once was, and I know they won't put it back on for me.   Every once in a while the area stings a little.  When I reach over to touch it there is a raised spot where some gauze is located and it's almost like I still have a port.

I am sure that these feelings will pass.

I wasn't supposed to take a shower today, so as we were going somewhere I took pains to wash my hair and other places without doing a full shower.   An odd process, but one that I know I can do again should I have to.

Tomorrow I am supposed to change the bandage after I shower with it on.   I think I have about a weeks worth of bandages and I should change the dressing each day.

I find it strange and peculiar that "dressing" goes both on a salad and on a wound.  What were they thinking.  Let's hope that I don't get my salad and wound confused in the days ahead.

No comments: